Labor Lab Teaching Sheets Download
Labor Lab teaching cards can be used by childbirth educators, labor companions, doula trainers, or pregnant couples.
As an educator, it can:
- Invigorate the class curriculum
- Reinforce techniques taught throughout the series
- Review critical information
- Provide supplemental information on alternative topics
- Allow instructors one-on-one time with couples
- Offer participants individualized time for questions
- Stimulate the “Hands-on” adult learning style
- Leave a set of cards at the first prenatal visit. Suggest couples try all activities and list and questions they may have about any topics.
- Use specific cards to discuss preferences for support and comfort during labor.
- Practice the activities with the couples to emphasize and learn coping techniques.
On the Labor Deck:
- Keep a set of cards handy at a nurses’ station for quick reference.
- Have a set available in each labor room for couples to use.
At a Doula training:
- Participants can be in groups of three (mother, partner, doula) to rotate to each station. Ask the third person (doula) how they would participate/help in that particular scenario.
- Pick one or two particular cards and have groups brainstorm possibilities for how doulas might help.
- Have cards available as a resource for doulas to have in their labor bag as reminders for themselves or for pictures to show clients.
- Back discomfort
- Birthing positions
- Breathing techniques
- Acupressure points
- Massage techniques
- Using the rebozo
- Enhance labor progress
- Birth Ball
- AND MUCH MORE
Set includes 28 pages of 8 1/5 by 11 instruction sheets.
Easily laminated at your local printer. Instructor Guide also available for download.